A potentially deadly chemical found in common paint strippers, methylene chloride was proposed to be banned. But the ban was postponed late last year by Scott Pruitt’s EPA. Now it may be on hold indefinitely.
The EPA saysand the chemical has been implicated in dozens of deaths.
This video from CBS News tells how a young man lost his life using a paint stripping product that contained methylene chloride. He was overcome by toxic fumes. The medical records showed he died of inhaling methylene chloride vapors that ultimately led to a a heart attack.
Not only does this heartbreaking story show the importance of regulating toxic chemicals in our products, it highlights how the Trump and Pruitt routinely defy laws, ignore science, decimate health-protecting regulations and put our families at risk.