Acting EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler on Thursday withdrew Scott Pruitt’s midnight-hour memo, which waived enforcement standards for super-polluting “glider” trucks. Wheeler’s decision is a win for anyone who breathes. But Wheeler has a long way to go before he distinguishes himself from scandal-plagued former Administrator Scott Pruitt.
Moms expect the head of EPA to protect our children from air pollution and climate change. To do that, he must:
- Close the Glider Trucks pollution loophole once and for all by withdrawing the proposed rule altogether.
- Stop the assault on lifesaving science by withdrawing the Censored Science proposal.
- Stop the rollback of the Clean Car Standards, which protect us from climate change and save money at the gas pump.
- Stop the attacks on standards that limit methane and other pollution from oil and gas operations.
- Address greenhouse gas pollution from power plants and other sources, as required under the Clean Air Act and affirmed by the Endangerment Finding.
- Protect pregnant women, babies, and children from mercury pollution through robust implementation of the Mercury and Air Toxics Standards.
- Restore essential scientific information about climate change to the EPA website.
Moms are watching.