Last week, Moms joined congressional climate champions on Capitol Hill to celebrate the two-year anniversary of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL).
- Our National Manager of Health Equity Almeta Cooper (pictured above) spoke on behalf of Moms, highlighting BIL’s historic investments in clean school buses and cleaner air. Among other climate provisions, BIL allocated $5 billion to fund the EPA’s Clean School Bus program, which is helping schools across the country replace their polluting diesel buses with clean, quiet electric models.
- Back in 2021, Moms worked hard to build support for BIL. We had over 200 meetings with lawmakers that year, urging them to vote yes on the legislation.
- Learn more about BIL with coverage of last week’s press conference in WENY, WLAJ, and Erie News Now.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Moms volunteer Misti Allison inspired Moms across the country with her run for mayor of East Palestine, Ohio. Misti shares her story in an interview with The 19th, which also includes quotes from our Director and Co-Founder, Dominique Browning.
- Nevada field organizer Mercedes McKinley penned an op-ed in El Tiempo Latino (in Spanish) about how Inflation Reduction Act funds can be leveraged to help transform the health of Latino communities. Read the English translation here.
- Erandi Treviño, our former Texas field organizer, is featured in an article in Environmental Health News about the role of language justice in the fight against pollution. The article is available in both Spanish and English.
HONORABLE MENTIONS: Over the last couple of weeks, Moms and EcoMadres earned mentions in the PA Environment Digest Blog, Environmental News Service, Augusta Free Press, DeSmog, Manufacturing Dive, and blog posts from the Sierra Club and NRDC.
SPREAD THE WORD…
Help amplify our media hits by following @Moms_Press and sharing our posts on X (formerly Twitter).