Please SHARE these 10 TWEETS with your Twitter followers right now!
1. The ocean today absorbs nearly a third of the carbon dioxide we produce
2. Acidic water makes it harder for some creatures like oysters, corals, and mussels to form shells
3. Ocean acidification is sometimes referred to as “osteoporosis of the sea”
4. The ocean has absorbed so much CO2 that overall acidity levels are rising
5. Ocean acidification affects creatures up and down the food chain–from plankton to whales
6. Scientists are surprised at how sensitive plants and animals are to even small changes in CO2 levels
7. Ocean acidification is compromising the ability of all ocean life to sustain itself
8. For many creatures, acid is deadly. Their shells disintegrate
9. Scientists are concerned that we are changing the ocean’s chemistry faster than organisms can adapt
10. There is only one known way to stop acidification: to reduce emissions of carbon dioxide
For more clean air tweets follow Moms Clean Air Force on Twitter.