Please SHARE these 10 TWEETS with your Twitter followers right now!
1. Over 400,000 newborns are affected by mercury pollution every year
2. Mercury is a potent neurotoxin, particularly dangerous to children
3. Mercury can damage the vulnerable developing brain of a fetus
4. Coal-fired power plants are the single largest source of toxic mercury in the U.S.
5. Every state in the country has issued a fish advisory because of unsafe mercury contamination
6. Typically, the longer a fish lives, and the larger it is, the more mercury accumulates in its flesh
7. Methylmercury goes directly into the organs that have the most fats, where it accumulates
8. Coal-fired power plants emit 72% of all toxic mercury air pollution in the United States
9. Mercury can impair the growth of the brain in ways that interfere with learning and thinking
10. Mercury poisoning from coal plants can be prevented by installing cost-effective scrubbers
For more clean air tweets follow Moms Clean Air Force on Twitter.