Contact: Jill Brownley, Public Relations, Apex Strategic Consulting, firstname.lastname@example.org, 602.509.4311
Las Vegas, NV – On Tuesday, August 10, at 10 AM PST, Nevada State Senator and Co-Majority Whip Pat Spearman (D-1) and Clark County Commissioner and Vice Chair of the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada Justin Jones will join clean-energy advocates for a virtual Back-to-School Electric School Bus press conference calling for strong federal investments in electric buses and clean transportation infrastructure. The event will take place the day after Clark County School District begins its school year, and is sponsored by Moms Clean Air Force Nevada as part of a series of grassroots events coordinated by the Climate Action Campaign.
Transportation accounts for almost a third of all U.S. air pollution and is the single largest source of climate-harming carbon pollution in the country. Featured speakers will emphasize how a bold federal investment in clean transportation will help further the state’s goal to get more electric school buses on Clark County’s streets, which will only further boost and benefit the local economy while helping to clean up the air for Nevada children and families.
Virtual Clark County Back-to-School Electric School Bus Press Conference
- Justin Jones, Clark County Commissioner (District F) and Vice Chair of the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada
- Nevada State Senator Pat Spearman, District 1
- Cinthia Zermeño Moore, Field Organizer, Moms Clean Air Force Nevada and National Program Lead, EcoMadres
- Verna Mandez, Deputy Director, Nevada Conservation League and Education Fund
- Rudy Zamora, Chispa Nevada Program Director
- Albert Burleigh, Executive Director-Electric Vehicle Sales, Blue Bird Corporation
Tuesday, August 10, 2021 | 10:00 AM PST
This virtual news conference will be held via Zoom Video Conference.
Attendees must pre-register for the video conference HERE. (https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_K3Ea4tmrQS2uPjCxzJVAHQ)
Attendees will receive an email with a link to the video conference once they register.
- A Facebook Live recording of the news conference will be available to press after the event.
- Upon request, press will be provided with b-roll of an electric school bus provided by Blue Bird Corporation, a manufacturer of electric school buses.
Press must pre-register for the Zoom virtual news conference event HERE and then join the Zoom call at 9:55 a.m. PT. Speakers will be available for questions following the event.