WHAT: Join Moms Clean Air Force, Environmental Defense Fund, and Climate Action Campaign in Lansing, Michigan for a rally and press conference to celebrate and highlight the benefits of the Inflation Reduction Act. The historic $369 billion in climate investments included in the Inflation Reduction Act will bring down consumer energy costs and increase American energy security, while substantially reducing climate pollution. The combined investments in the Inflation Reduction Act will put the U.S. on a path to roughly 40% emissions reduction by 2030 and represent the single biggest climate investment in U.S. history.
Speakers will highlight how this bill tackles high energy costs and climate change, both of which pose a growing threat to Michiganders.
WHO: Speakers at the rally will include:
- State Senator Curtis Hertel, Jr.
- State Senator Adam Hollier
- Lansing Mayor Andy Schor or Sustainability Officer Lori Welch
- Morgan Foreman, Constituent Services Director, MI House 55
- Ric Preuss, Business Representative at IBEW Local 58
- Tina Catron, Environmental Defense Fund, Michigan
- Susie Robertson, School Teacher and Counselor, Brighton Area Schools
- Elizabeth Hauptman, Moms Clean Air Force, Michigan
WHEN: Wednesday, August 17, 11 AM – 12 PM. Please arrive at 10:45.
WHERE: Steps of the Michigan State Capitol Building.
100 N Capitol Ave
Lansing, MI 48933