WHAT: On Wednesday, August 3, Iowa Gives Green takes place online at iowagivesgreen.org, providing Iowans an easy way to discover and donate to Iowa-based organizations making a difference for Iowa’s land, wildlife, water, air, and climate. Iowans donated more than $25,000 to participating groups in 2021 for the inaugural year of giving. In its second year, the coalition looks forward to building on that success to deliver more support for Iowa environmental and recreational nonprofits in 2022.
WHO: A few dozen organizations are participating including: Blank Park Zoo, The Brenton Arboretum, Bur Oak Land Trust, Central Gardens of North Iowa, Conservation Districts of Iowa, Friends of Des Moines Parks, Fund the Trust, Great Outdoors Foundation, Great Plains Action Society, Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden, Iowa’s Coldwater Conservancy, ICON: Iowa Confluence Water Trails, Iowa Environmental Council, Iowa Interfaith Power & Light, Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation, Iowa Rivers Revival, LULAC–Climate & Environmental Justice Committee, Moms Clean Air Force, Nahant Marshl, Prairie Rivers of Iowa, Sierra Club Beyond Coal, Trees Forever, Whiterock Conservancy
The big drive is on Wednesday, August 3. By donating, you can help to:
- Clean and protect Iowa’s waterways. Iowa’s water quality crisis is not improving, despite the solutions being touted.
- Take action on climate. Extreme weather events, such as intense rainstorms, derechos, flooding, and drought, are no longer the exception; they are the norm.
- Grow clean sources of energy in Iowa. Our state is a wind energy leader, and solar power is poised to grow exponentially.
- Provide high-quality recreation and education opportunities for Iowans. Iowa offers so many natural wonders, but our state ranks low in the nation for public land ownership and management resources.
- Protect the lungs of Iowans from air pollution, which is a hidden problem due to a lack of proper air monitoring and attention to frontline communities.
- Preserve unique Iowa landscapes, protect our wildlife, and so much more.
WHERE: You can find out more about each participating organization and make your donations here.