Contact: Sasha Tenenbaum, Senior Manager, Media and Public Engagement, email@example.com, (917) 887-0146
WHAT: Media are invited to watch the recorded livestream of an event on electric school buses with EPA Administrator Michael Regan that was held yesterday in Vienna, Virginia, and are welcome to use the provided images so long as they are credited accordingly.
With a $5 billion investment in clean school buses recently secured through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, EPA is poised to help hundreds of school districts make the switch from highly polluting, diesel-powered buses to zero-emissions, electric buses. Administrator Regan met with mothers, students, administrators, and advocates; rode an electric school bus currently servicing Fairfax County schools; delivered remarks; and took questions from the press.
During the visit, Administrator Regan participated in a roundtable conversation with Flint Hill students in their school library, participated in an electric school bus ride, and delivered remarks in front of the electric school bus, streamed live on Moms Clean Air Force’s Facebook Page.
- EPA Administrator Michael S. Regan
- Mothers Out Front’s Bobby Monacella
- Moms Clean Air Force’s Julie Kimmel
- Superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools Scott Brabrand
- Eddie Felber, 5th grader with Flint Hill Elementary School’s Green Team
- Anika Gupta, president of Madison High School’s Mad Climate Leaders Club
- Lena Mudrick, 6th grader with Flint Hill Elementary School’s Green Team
WHEN: The event was held yesterday, Monday March 14, 2022, 10:00 AM–11:15 AM ET.
WHERE: The event was held at Flint Hill Elementary School, 2444 Flint Hill Rd, Vienna, VA 22181.