Moms Clean Air Force is seeking a highly motivated individual in Memphis, Tennessee who is dedicated to children’s health and addressing climate change. This part-time position will be dedicated to executing an issue-based campaign in order to:
Develop strong coalition of partners and supermoms to support and grow Moms Clean Air Force’s mission in Memphis, Tennessee
- Cultivate a diverse group of activists and stakeholders in Memphis, Tennessee to build public and political support for regional solutions on air pollution.
- Develop strong coalition of partner organizations to engage and collaborate on policy priorities and objectives.
- Engage and represent Moms Clean Air Force within campaign and coalition groups to support regional air quality, climate action and other policy goals.
- Create support/oppose and sign-on letters for policy priorities.
Lead visits to governmental offices to build relationships with elected officials/staff and advocate policy priorities.
- Mobilize Moms Clean Air Force supermoms and other members to communicate and engage with elected officials and other decision makers in Tennessee on air quality.
- Interview elected officials to share their views with community members.
- Organize individual advocacy meetings to bring visibility to policy priorities.
Engage and testify at public hearings and workshops related to Tennessee air quality issues
- Organize supporters to attend and testify at hearings and workshops.
Plan and execute meetings and events to educate, build relationships and create visibility for Moms Clean Air Force in Memphis, Tennessee
- Execute public rallies, educational seminars, town halls, Parent Teacher Associations presentations, workshops, and school presentations.
- Present/Table at existing events such as parenting expositions and environmental workshops and children and school events.
Plan and execute grassroots actions
- Engage Moms Clean Air Force membership through online platform including action alerts, emails phone banking and canvassing.
- Cultivate and educate Supermoms in Memphis, Tennessee to build diverse constituencies of support for policy priorities.
- Educate and present at public meetings, events, town halls, schools and parenting events.
Increase the visibility of the Moms Clean Air Force and air quality issues in Memphis, Tennessee through media
- Coordinate with communication staff to place opinion pieces in local papers.
- Identify local parent voices to echo Moms Clean Air Force’s message in media.
- Identify earned media opportunities in family-centric print, TV, radio, and online platforms.
- Organize press events in rapid response to key policy issues.
- Build relationship with local media and provide quotes and speaking opportunities to media.
Work with Moms Clean Air Force’s social media director to implement a social media plan to amplify Moms Clean Air Force’s key messages and engage new constituency groups
Create and implement a strategic online advocacy platform for grassroots actions on relevant policy issues.
- Work with Tennessee Manager to maintain the state website.
- Mobilize membership through social media and online advocacy tools.
Provide periodic reports through weekly conference calls, monthly written reports and other communications as needed.
- Experience developing and implementing issue-based campaigns;
- Media and communications skills;
- Familiarity working with online advocacy tools, website, and/or blogs;
- Project management skills;
- Ability to work proactively and independently;
- General understanding of environmental issues and Memphis, Tennessee politics
Please send resume and cover letter with the subject line Moms Clean Air Force TN Resume to:
Terra Pascarosa, email@example.com