Play-In For Climate Action
Thursday, July 13, 2017
Air pollution isn’t just unhealthy to breathe – it threatens our children’s future. That’s why moms across the country want to see meaningful action on climate.
On July 13, 2017 parents and kids from across the country will rally at Upper Senate Park in Washington, DC to call for climate action. This family-friendly protest against the air pollution that causes dangerous climate change will showcase exactly what’s at stake as temperatures and sea levels rise: our kids. We will show our support for slashing carbon dioxide emissions from power plants. We will show our support for slashing methane emissions from oil and gas operations. And we will call for a renewable energy future. Moms know that kids can’t sit still, so we are ditching a traditional sit-in–and having our fourth annual Play-In.
JOIN US for kids activities, great music, and exciting speakers, as we deliver a public message from families across the country: it’s time to get serious about climate change!
- Upper Senate Park
- 200 New Jersey Ave
- Washington, DC 20001
- 9:00 AM: Registration begins
- 9:30-10:30 AM: Family activities
- 10:30-11:00 AM: Press conference
- Speakers include:
- Vanessa Hauc, Emmy Award-winning journalist
- Casey Camp-Horinek, Native rights activist, environmentalist and actress
- Joylette Portlock, President and board member of Communitopia
- AnnaRose Almida, Arizona youth advocate