I wanted to say an enormous, heartfelt thank you to Congressman Paul Tonko, for your beautifully articulated principles for action on climate change. They are smart, succinct, encompassing and inspiring. Exactly the kind of integrity and leadership we need to see, to cut through the noise everywhere right now.
We will do all we can to spread the word. But wanted to take a moment to say thank you. This is a great and admirable boost.
Tonko’s climate principles include:
- Science-based targets should be set to achieve greenhouse gas neutrality by mid-century
- A clean U.S. economy must be strong, competitive and fair
Climate action should invest in America’s future
- Climate action should deliver a just & equitable transition
- Climate action should protect low-income households
- Climate action should strengthen community resilience to better withstand new climate realities
- Climate action should empower state, local, tribal, and territorial governments
- Climate action should avoid harm to first movers
- Climate action should create stable and predictable policies