Excitement around electric school buses is building across the country. Electric buses clean up the air for children, student athletes, and drivers inside the bus, where dangerous diesel pollution is concentrated higher than outside the bus. Electric buses also reduce the carbon pollution heating up the climate. They are simply a safer way for our children to get to and from school every day.
Moms Clean Air Force hosted a free demonstration of an electric school bus at Spaces of Opportunity in Phoenix on Thursday, July 15. This event was part of a nationwide push to replace dirty diesel school buses with better technology to reduce children’s exposure to harmful exhaust. Electrification of buses, cars, and trucks is also critical to solving the climate crisis, given that transportation is the largest source of global-warming pollution in our country.
- State Senate Minority Leader Rebecca Rios, LD 27
- State House Minority Leader Reginald Bolding, LD 27
- Ulisses Correa, Environmental Justice Organizer, Mi Familia Vota
- Vianey Olivarria, State Co-Director, Chispa AZ
- Columba Sainz, Field Organizer, Moms Clean Air Force Arizona Chapter
- Albert Burleigh, Executive Director-Electric Vehicle Sales, Blue Bird Corporation