CONTACT: Sasha Tenenbaum
Senior Manager, Media and Public Engagement
WHAT: Moms Clean Air Force, Green Energy Ohio, and the Ohio Public Health Association are hosting a virtual roundtable discussion featuring representatives from the four Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) air quality monitoring projects awarded funding in Ohio:
- Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission
- Cleveland Department of Public Health
- Groundwork Ohio River Valley
- City of Canton
At the end of 2022, 132 projects around the country were notified that they will receive funding from the US EPA to conduct ambient air monitoring of pollutants with environmental and health outcome disparities stemming from pollution and the COVID-19 pandemic.
Recipients will share information about their upcoming projects, what data they will focus on collecting, and how the results will be used to reduce pollution moving forward. Press will have the opportunity to ask questions at the end of the panel discussion.
- Brandi Whetstone, Sustainability Officer and LEED Green Associate, Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC)
- Christina Yoka, Chief of Air Pollution Outreach, Cleveland Dept. of Public Health
- Note: Abby Singletary may replace Christina Yoka
- Jaeydah Edwards, Citizen Science Program Manager, Groundwork Ohio River Valley
- Terri Dzienis, Canton City Public Health
WHEN: The discussion will take place over Zoom on Tuesday, February 21, 2023, 12:00 PM ET and will be livestreamed to the Moms Clean Air Force Facebook page. The recording will be posted to our YouTube after the panel.
WHERE: Attendees may join via Zoom. To receive a link, please register here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Visit the event page.