CONTACT: Sasha Tenenbaum
Senior Manager, Media and Public Engagement
Atlanta, Georgia— On Tuesday, September 20 at 10:00 am ET, Moms Clean Air Force and other leading Michigan advocacy groups will hold a press conference at US EPA Region 4 Library to announce a new national campaign to drive ambition across federal agencies to set the strongest possible pollution standards.
The local groups are part of the “Solutions for Pollution” campaign, a new coalition of more than 160 advocacy groups from across the nation. The effort is coordinated by the Climate Action Campaign. Solutions for Pollution will drive public support for approximately 20 health, pollution and climate standards the Biden administration must enact to meet the president’s commitments to cut climate pollution and protect the health of our children, families, and communities.
Georgia organizations signed onto the Solutions for Pollution coalition include:
- Moms Clean Air Force Georgia Chapter
- New Georgia Project Action Fund
- Georgia Interfaith Power and Light
- Sustainable Georgia Futures
- Mothers & Others For Clean Air
- Rep GA Institute, Inc.
- Georgia Conservation Voters
- Georgia Conservation Voters Education Fund
- CAC Georgia
- Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE)
- SOWEGA Rising
- Concerned Citizens of Cook County (4C)
- Georgia State Medical Association, Inc
- EDF Action GA
- Dogwood Alliance Inc.
Georgia “Solutions for Pollution” Campaign Launch Event
- Lily Zwaan, Georgia State Coordinator at Moms Clean Air Force
- Tanya Coventry-Strader, Interim Executive Director at Mothers and Others For Clean Air
- Cary Ritzler, Georgia Organizer at Southern Alliance for Clean Energy
- Heidi Seagraves, Student leader at UGA
- Codi Norred, Executive Director of Georgia Interfaith Power and Light
Tuesday, September 20, 2022
US EPA Region 4 Library: 61 Forsyth St SW # 9 Atlanta, GA 30303
Map & more information: https://www.mobilize.us/climateactioncampaign/event/485158/