Please SHARE these 10 TWEETS with your Twitter followers right now!
1. Over 70 million people are exposed to spikes in fine particle pollution at levels EPA deems unsafe
2. Particulate matter can be so small that it can only be detected with an electron microscope
3. Particulate matter can enter your lungs without you even knowing it
4. Soot is the common name by which we refer to “particulate matter” (PM) or particle pollution
5. The composition of soot is different depending on where you live
6. Soot causes thousands of premature deaths, asthma attacks, and heart attacks each year
7. Soot comes from: diesel engines, vehicle tailpipes, #coal plant smokestacks, oil refineries, and fires
8. The smallest soot particles are the most harmful because they can penetrate furthest into the lungs
9. Soot particles absorb radiation from the sun and can hasten the melting of snow and ice cover
10. Climate scientists refer to black carbon—the main component of #soot—as a “climate forcer”
For more clean air tweets follow Moms Clean Air Force on Twitter.