Please SHARE these 10 TWEETS with your Twitter followers right now!
1. 68% of African-Americans live within 30 miles of a coal-fired power plant
2. Low-income and minority Americans tend to live and work in areas disproportionately exposed to pollution
3. 66% of Hispanics live in areas that do not meet the federal government’s air quality standards
4. African American children have a 500% higher death rate from asthma, as compared with White children
5. 85% of inner-city children with asthma have uncontrolled symptoms
6. Over 72% of African Americans live in counties that violate federal air pollution standards
7. Latino children are 60% more at risk than their white counterparts to have asthma attacks
8. 17% of all African American children are asthma sufferers
9. Hispanics are 30% more likely to visit the hospital for asthma, as compared to non-Hispanic Whites
10. In 2003, 21% of Latino children were uninsured, compared with 15% of African American children
For more clean air tweets follow Moms Clean Air Force on Twitter.