Please SHARE these 10 TWEETS with your Twitter followers right now!
2. Methane leaks from natural gas pipelines and fracking equipment are called “fugitive emissions”
3. Scientists are concerned about how natural gas development is harming our air quality
4. Hazardous pollutants associated with gas development include benzene, toluene, and xylene
5. The process of gas development includes drilling the well, processing the gas, and transporting it
6. In 2013, Colorado regulators measured elevated wintertime ground-level ozone levels for the first time
7. Methane, the principle component of gas itself, is a potent greenhouse gas that adds to ozone levels
8. The fracking process can release volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into the air
9. In Colorado and Texas, elevated levels of benzene have been detected near natural gas development sites
10. Some methane–it is unclear exactly how much–leaks out of natural gas pipelines and fracking equipment
For more clean air tweets follow Moms Clean Air Force on Twitter.