The Environmental and Energy Study Institute recently gathered information from a wide variety of climate change polling in the United States over the past year. They published the results in a thorough fact sheet. We’ve searched the fact sheet for the most compelling tweetable stats, and compiled our top 10.
Please SHARE these 10 tweetable climate poll facts with your Twitter friends right now!
1. 82% of Americans say we should prepare for coastal damage caused by sea level rise before it happens
2. 42% of Americans say the Earth is warming due mostly to human activity
3. 62% of Americans say there is scientific consensus on global warming
4. 66% of sportsmen think we have a moral responsibility to confront global warming to protect our children’s future
5. 62% of Americans say it is important to combat climate change for the sake of our children and our future
6. 60% of Americans support the President using his authority to reduce dangerous carbon pollution
7. 61% of Americans say global warming is affecting them or will affect them personally in their lifetime
8. 29% of Americans strongly support or somewhat support a carbon tax
9. 51% of Republicans say they think climate change is occurring, the first majority since 2008
10. 62% of Americans favor setting stricter emission limits on power plants
*Note: the percentages above are based on groups of sampled Americans. View the full climate poll fact sheet HERE for additional details.