The Trump administration’s EPA is threatening protections against mercury and air pollution.
What you need to know:
- Coal-fired power plants emit at least 84 separate hazardous air pollutants.
- The Mercury and Air Toxics Standards are now fully implemented and are reducing exposure to dangerous pollutants like mercury and lead.
- Rolling back the mercury standards will threaten the health of babies.
- Virtually no one supports rolling back the Mercury and Air Toxics Standards. Industry, labor leaders, members of Congress from both parties, states, mayors, public health groups, medical associations, scientists, and moms have asked the Trump administration to leave the standards in place.
- The power sector is already meeting the Mercury Air and Toxics Standards.
- We won’t allow the Trump administration to pollute our air. Families and children across our country deserve the right to breathe clean air.