Do you do everything in your power to protect your children? I wouldn’t think of getting into my car without checking, and double-checking, that my children’s car seats were buckled properly. And, I’d never turn on the ignition until my own seat belt was buckled. Would you?
Do you check, and double-check, multiple times a day the air your children breathe?
I don’t know about you, but I am fed up – and angry – that so little is being done to protect my precious children from toxic air pollution.
For Mother’s Day I don’t want jewelry, I don’t want flowers, and, while a morning in bed would be nice, I would forgo all the yummy brunches in the world if I could just get one powerful wish – a healthier world for my kids: Reny, Fiona, and Declan.
This Mother’s Day please join my friends and family from across the country to ask our elected officials to protect my children from the effects of toxic air pollution:
- Monday, May 5th — Join my friend, Trisha and I in Trenton, NJ.
- Tuesday, May 6th — Join Yvonne and Ronnie in Concord, New Hampshire.
- Wednesday, May 7th — Join my kids, my own mother, and our friends in Harrisburg, PA.
- Wednesday, May 7th — Join Tracy and Marnie in Columbus, OH; Vee and Melissa in Lansing, MI; or Jose and our friends from Climate Parents in Sacramento, CA.
- Friday, May 9th — Join my friend, Erica and sister, Tricia in Springfield, IL.
As parents we have to ACT.
We have the POWER to act NOW.
Please REGISTER to join the MCAF community in your state, as we defend our children’s basic right to breathe clean, fresh air.