Moms Clean Air Force is a community of over 1,000,000 moms—and dads—working together to combat air pollution, including the urgent crisis of our changing climate. We arm members with reliable information and solutions through online resources, articles, action tools, and on-the-ground organizing.
Moms Clean Air Force is seeking a highly motivated individual in Las Vegas, Nevada who is dedicated to building a program in Las Vegas to engage moms and families on issues of clean air and climate change.
This part-time contract position will be dedicated to executing an issue-based campaign in order to:
Introduce and grow the ecomadres program in Nevada
- Moms Clean Air Force works in partnership with GreenLatinos to run ecomadres, a collaborative program between GreenLatinos and Moms Clean Air Force that brings Latina moms together to address issues of clean air, climate, and toxics that affect the health of Latino children and families. The Ecomadres program provides comadres with reliable information and solutions through online resources, articles, action tools, and on-the-ground events. The program creates an inclusive community that empowers and lifts up the voices of comadres for the benefit of our communities.The Nevada field consultant will develop the ecomadres program in Las Vegas by:
- Building a Community of comadres: Identify, train and activate a group of engaged supervolunteer comadres who will represent GreenLatinos and Moms Clean Air Force in all aspects of the ecomadres program.
- Education: Plan and execute ecomadres-specific events and cafecitos to educate, engage and activate comadres and the larger Latino community in Las Vegas. Events will grow the membership of GreenLatinos and Moms Clean Air Force.
- Coalition Building and Stakeholder Engagement: Cultivate a diverse group of Latino coalition partners and stakeholders in Las Vegas to build public and political support to address air pollution and climate change. Represent GreenLatinos and Moms Clean Air Force in these coalitions.
- Elected Leader Engagement: Identify, train and support comadres in communicating with local, state and federal elected officials and other decision makers on clean air and climate change policy priorities.
- Media: Amplify the voices of ecomadres on climate change and air quality issues through traditional and social media. Organize press events in response to GreenLatinos and Moms Clean Air Force policy priorities.
The Nevada Field Consultant will also execute the following tactics on behalf of Moms Clean Air Force:
Lead visits with local, state and federal elected leaders and their staff and advocate on policy priorities
- Mobilize supermoms and other members to communicate and engage with elected officials and other decision makers on clean air and climate change.
- Organize individual advocacy meetings and events to bring visibility to policy priorities at the local, state and federal level
- Organize supporters to attend and testify at hearings and workshops related to Nevada’s air quality issues
Plan and execute meetings and grassroots events to educate, build relationships and create visibility of Moms Clean Air Force in Nevada.
- Engage Moms Clean Air Force membership through online platforms including action alerts, emails, social media and through grassroots campaign tactics including phone banking and canvassing
- Cultivate and educate Supermoms throughout Nevada to build diverse constituencies of support for policy priorities
- Educate and present at public meetings, events, town halls, schools and parenting events
Increase the visibility of Moms Clean Air Force on climate change and air quality issues through media
- Coordinate with communications staff to place opinion pieces and letters to the editor in local papers
- Identify local parent voices to amplify clean air and climate messages in media
- Identify earned media opportunities in family-centric print, TV, radio, and online platforms
- Organize press events in rapid response to key policy issues
- Build relationship with local media and provide quotes and speaking opportunities to media
- Maintain a Nevada-specific webpage that highlights relevant issues and highlights work in the field
Provide periodic reports through weekly conference calls, monthly and quarterly written reports and other communications as needed.
- Strong commitment to clean air and climate change solutions
- General understanding of Nevada’s environmental issues and politics
- Self-motivated, innovative, with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work well under pressure with both grassroots and grass-tops volunteers and staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with constituents, elected officials and allies
- Familiarity working with online advocacy tools, website, and social media
- Minimum 2 years of political and field experience preferred
- Well organized, detail oriented, goal driven and able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a positive, timely manner in a fast-paced environment
- Some nights and weekends required
- Must have access to a vehicle
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Send resume and cover letter to: