Moms Clean Air Force (Moms) is a community of over 1.3 million moms—and dads—working together to combat air pollution, including the urgent crisis of our changing climate. We arm members with reliable information and solutions through online resources, articles, action tools, and on-the-ground organizing.
Moms Clean Air Force is seeking a highly motivated individual in North Carolina who is dedicated to building a program across the state to engage moms and families on issues of clean air and climate change.
This part-time contract position will be dedicated to executing an issue-based campaign to:
Develop a strong coalition of environmental justice partners and supermoms to support and grow Moms Clean Air Force’s mission in North Carolina.
- Cultivate a diverse group of activists and stakeholders in North Carolina to build public and political support for policy solutions on air pollution and climate change.
- Engage and represent Moms Clean Air Force within campaign and coalition groups to support environmental justice, air quality, climate action, and other policy goals.
- Advance Moms Clean Air Force’s goals of diversity, equity and inclusion, and advocate for climate justice and equity in Black, Latino, Indigenous, and other communities of color.
Lead visits with North Carolina elected leaders and their staff and advocate on policy priorities.
- Mobilize supermoms and other Moms Clean Air Force members to communicate and engage with elected officials and other decision makers on clean air and climate change.
- Organize individual advocacy meetings and events to bring visibility to policy priorities at the local, state, and federal level.
- Organize supporters to attend and testify at hearings and workshops related to North Carolina’s air quality and climate issues.
Plan and execute meetings and grassroots events to educate, build relationships, and create visibility of Moms Clean Air Force in North Carolina.
- Engage Moms Clean Air Force membership through online platforms, including action alerts, emails, and social media.
- Cultivate and educate volunteers throughout North Carolina to build diverse constituencies of support for policy priorities, including through public meetings, events, town halls, schools, and parenting events.
Increase the visibility of Moms Clean Air Force on climate change and air quality issues through media.
- Maintain a North Carolina-specific webpage that highlights relevant issues and highlights work in the field.
- Coordinate with communications staff to place opinion pieces and letters to the editor in local papers, and provide quotes to the media in rapid response to key policy issues.
- Coordinate with staff to develop and execute organic and paid social media campaigns to engage the public and increase awareness on key issues.
Provide periodic reports through weekly conference calls, monthly and quarterly written reports, and other communications as needed.
- Minimum 2 years of political and community engagement experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with constituents, elected officials, and allies.
- Familiarity working with online advocacy tools, websites, and social media.
- Strong commitment to clean air and climate change solutions.
- Strong commitment to Indigenous sovereignty and environmental justice.
- Strong understanding of North Carolina’s environmental issues and politics.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency, inclusivity, and ability to work with others across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Self-motivated, innovative, with the ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure with partners, volunteers, and staff.
- Well organized, detail oriented, goal driven and able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a positive, timely manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Some nights and weekends required.
- Must have access to a vehicle.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Patrice Tomcik, Senior National Field Manager