Moms Clean Air Force is a community of over 1.5 million moms—and dads—working together to combat air pollution, including the urgent crisis of our changing climate. We arm members with reliable information and solutions through online resources, articles, action tools, and on-the-ground organizing.
Moms Clean Air Force is seeking a highly motivated individual who is dedicated to building a program to engage moms and families on issues of clean air and climate change. This position will focus on empowering Indigenous families and Tribal leaders to take action on these issues.
This part-time remote contract position will be located within the United States and will be dedicated to executing an issue-based campaign to:
Develop a strong coalition of Tribes, environmental justice partners, and volunteers to support and grow Moms Clean Air Force’s mission.
- Cultivate a diverse group of activists and stakeholders to build public and political support for state and federal solutions to air pollution and climate change, with a special emphasis on engagement with Indigenous families and Tribal leaders.
- Represent Moms Clean Air Force within campaigns and coalition groups to support Tribal sovereignty, environmental justice, air quality, climate action, and other policy goals.
- Advance Moms Clean Air Force’s goals of diversity, equity, and inclusion, meaning that people from all backgrounds are empowered to address environmental and organizational challenges.
- Support the work Tribes and Indigenous community leaders are doing to confront air quality and climate challenges across the United States.
Lead visits with federal elected leaders and their staff and advocate on policy priorities.
- Mobilize volunteer membership to communicate and engage with elected officials and other decision makers on clean air and climate change.
- Organize individual advocacy meetings and events to bring visibility to policy priorities at the local, state, and federal levels, with a special emphasis on issues identified by Tribes and Indigenous communities.
- Organize supporters to attend and testify at hearings and workshops related to air quality and climate issues in Indigenous communities across the country.
Plan and execute meetings and grassroots events to educate, build relationships, and create visibility for Moms Clean Air Force in Tribal and Indigenous communities across the United States.
- Engage Moms Clean Air Force membership through online platforms, including action alerts, emails, and social media.
- Cultivate and educate volunteers to build diverse constituencies of support for policy priorities, with an emphasis on Indigenous volunteers.
- Educate and present at public meetings, events, town halls, schools, Tribal events, and parenting events.
Increase the visibility of Moms Clean Air Force on climate change and air quality issues through media.
- Highlight the leadership of Tribes and Indigenous people on climate change and environmental challenges in media and social media.
- Work with diverse parents to help them share their stories of how pollution and climate change impact their families, with a focus on Indigenous families.
- Serve as a spokesperson for Moms Clean Air Force and recruit volunteers for public speaking and communication activities.
Provide periodic reports through weekly conference calls, monthly and quarterly written reports, and other communications as needed.
- Strong commitment to clean air and climate change solutions
- Strong commitment to Indigenous sovereignty and environmental justice
- Strong understanding of the intersection of Indigenous sovereignty and environmental policy, particularly at the federal level
- Self-awareness, cultural competency, inclusivity, and ability to work with others across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Self-motivated, innovative, with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work well under pressure with both grassroots and grass-tops volunteers and staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with constituents, elected officials, and allies
- Familiarity working with online advocacy tools, websites, and social media
- Minimum 2 years of political and community engagement experience preferred
- Well organized, detail oriented, goal driven, and able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a positive, timely manner in a fast-paced environment
- Some nights and weekends required
- Must have access to a vehicle
Compensation: $3,500/month plus expenses
Send resume and cover letter to: Elizabeth Brandt, National Field Manager, Moms Clean Air Force, email@example.com