Moms Clean Air Force (Moms) is a community of over 1.5 million moms—and dads—working together to combat air pollution, including the urgent crisis of our changing climate. We arm members with reliable information and solutions through online resources, articles, action tools, and on-the-ground organizing.
Moms Clean Air Force is seeking a highly motivated individual in Florida who is dedicated to building a program across the state to engage moms and families on issues of clean air and climate change. This is a remote part-time contract position based in St. Petersburg or greater Tampa Bay, Florida.
- Cultivate a diverse group of activists and stakeholders in Florida to build public and political support for equitable state and federal solutions to address environmental justice, air pollution and climate change with a special emphasis on Latino communities
- Engage with elected officials, decision makers and government agencies to further the organization’s policy priorities, campaigns, and initiatives
- Plan and execute meetings and events to educate the public, build relationships, and create public visibility of Moms Clean Air Force in Florida
- Mobilize and engage volunteer membership through online platforms, including webinars, emails, and social media
- Serve as a spokesperson for Moms Clean Air Force and recruit volunteers for public speaking and communication activities
- Represent Moms Clean Air Force while attending meetings and actively engaging with campaign and coalition groups
- Virtually attend weekly meetings
- Provide periodic reports as assigned by their supervisor
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of political and community engagement experience preferred
- Knowledgeable about Florida’s environmental issues and politics
- Strong commitment to clean air, climate change, and environmental justice solutions
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Spanish preferred
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, goal-driven, and able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, innovative, with the ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with the public, elected officials, government agencies and allies
- Familiarity working with online advocacy tools, websites, and social media
- Self-awareness, cultural competency, inclusivity, and the ability to work with others across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Must have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Some nights and weekends required
Compensation: $3,500/month plus expenses.
To apply, send resume to: Liz Hurtado, Field Manager, email@example.com