Moms Clean Air Force is a community of over 1,000,000 moms—and dads—working together to combat air pollution, including the urgent crisis of our changing climate. We arm members with reliable information and solutions through online resources, articles, action tools, and on-the-ground organizing.
Moms Clean Air Force is seeking a highly motivated individual in Boulder or Denver, Colorado who is dedicated to building a program in the region to engage moms and families on issues of clean air and climate change.
This part-time contract position will be dedicated to executing an issue-based campaign in order to:
Develop a strong coalition of partners and supermoms to support and grow Moms Clean Air Force’s mission in Colorado.
- Cultivate a diverse group of activists and stakeholders in Denver and Boulder, CO to build public and political support for local and regional solutions on air pollution including emission improvements from oil and gas operations with a specific focus on methane.
- Develop strong coalition of partner organizations to engage and collaborate on policy priorities and objectives.
- Engage and represent Moms Clean Air Force within campaign and coalition groups to support regional air quality, climate action and other policy goals.
- Create support/opposition for sign-on letters for policy priorities.
Lead visits with local, state and federal elected leaders and their staff and advocate on policy priorities.
- Mobilize supermoms and other members to communicate and engage with elected officials and other decision makers on clean air and climate change.
- Organize individual advocacy meetings and events to bring visibility to policy priorities at the local, state and federal level.
- Organize supporters to attend and testify at hearings and workshops related to Colorado’s air quality issues.
Plan and execute meetings and grassroots events to educate, build relationships and create visibility of Moms Clean Air Force in Denver and Boulder, Colorado and the surrounding areas.
- Engage Moms Clean Air Force membership through online platforms including action alerts, emails, social media and through grassroots campaign tactics including phone banking and canvassing.
- Cultivate and educate Supermoms throughout region area to build diverse constituencies of support for policy priorities.
- Educate and present at public meetings, events, town halls, schools and parenting events.
Increase the visibility of Moms Clean Air Force on climate change and air quality issues through media.
- Coordinate with communications staff to place opinion pieces and letters to the editor in local papers
- Identify local parent voices to amplify clean air and climate messages in media
- Identify earned media opportunities in family-centric print, TV, radio, and online platforms
- Organize press events in rapid response to key policy issues
- Build relationship with local media and provide quotes and speaking opportunities to media
- Contribute to the maintenance of a Colorado specific webpage that highlights relevant issues and highlights work in the field
Provide periodic reports through weekly conference calls, monthly and quarterly written reports and other communications as needed.
- Strong commitment to clean air and climate change solutions
- General understanding of Denver and Boulder’s environmental issues and politics
- Self-motivated, innovative, with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work well under pressure with both grassroots and grass-tops volunteers and staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with constituents, elected officials and allies
- Familiarity working with online advocacy tools, website, and social media
- Minimum 2 years of political and field experience preferred
- Well organized, detail oriented, goal driven and able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a positive, timely manner in a fast-paced environment
- Some nights and weekends required
- Must have access to a vehicle
Send resume and cover letter to:
Regional Field Manager, Moms Clean Air Force