Want to support the mission to bring clean air and joy to the holiday season? Rather than offer a list of individual gift suggestions, I’ve pulled together this set of seven gift guides that cover the gamut of holiday present needs with healthier options that make life better for women and children, too. Even the Grinch would find something to warm his cold little heart here!
- The Ultimate Eco-Friendly Gift Guide for Kids – The Rhythms of Play blog has pulled together this comprehensive list of natural toys and other gift ideas for toddlers, pre-schoolers and babies. The list of fun family stocking stuffers includes sidewalk chalk “safe enough to eat,” a set of stocking-sized dwarfs with and without beards (because who doesn’t want a stocking full of stuffed dwarfs?), and magnetic travel blocks perfect for whiling away your time on long holiday drives.
- The Greatest Gift Guide – This web-based gift catalog includes two guides I’m going to come back to: Best Gifts for Nature Lovers, and Nature Gifts for Her. Clean air activist moms take note: In the category of “The Gift of Taking a Break and Being Creative,” the catalog includes a coloring book for adults consisting of botanical garden drawings and 24 colored pencils. It relaxes me just thinking about coloring!
- ENERGY STAR Holiday Gift Guide – If electronics and appliances are on your wish list, make sure you specify that they’re ENERGY STAR certified. That means they meet EPA’s standards for both quality and energy efficiency. ENERGY STAR has made it easy for families to shop smart by creating this handy holiday gift guide. Does it make a difference? Here’s one example: ENERGY STAR certified TVs are more than 27% more energy efficient than standard models, which could save your family nearly $140 in electricity costs over the life of the product.
- Heifer Project International – I love leafing through Heifer Project International’s catalog every year because the gifts they offer do so much good. Want to teach your children to be good stewards of the earth? I’ve given families in need baby chicks, beehives, even a “knitter’s gift basket” that provides a family with a llama, an alpaca, a sheep, and an Angora rabbit.
- A Mighty Girl – A Mighty Girl bills itself as “the world’s largest collection of books, toys and movies for smart, confident, and courageous girls.” They offer several different gift guides on their website, but one of my favorites is titled, “The Gift of Curiosity: Top 60 Science Toys for Mighty Girls.” Breaking stereotypes, the site also includes links to encourage girls to become little builders: “Building Her Dreams: Top 75 Building Toys for Mighty Girls.”
- Big Green Purse BOGO Gift Guide – My favorite gifts to buy are those that do double duty – they delight the recipient, but make someone else’s life a little healthier, too.
Don’t forget all those special CLEAN AIR MOMS in your life. With a gift of $25.00 or more, we’ll send them a tee-shirt to let the world know MOMS care about children’s health!
SUPPORT AMERICA’S CLEAN POWER PLAN