Play-In For Climate Action
Thursday, July 13, 2017
Air pollution isn’t just unhealthy to breathe – it threatens our children’s future. That’s why moms across the country want to see meaningful action on climate.
On July 13, 2017 parents and kids from across the country will rally at Upper Senate Park in Washington, DC to call for climate action. This family-friendly protest against the air pollution that causes dangerous climate change will showcase exactly what’s at stake as temperatures and sea levels rise: our kids. We will show our support for slashing carbon dioxide emissions from power plants. We will show our support for slashing methane emissions from oil and gas operations. And we will call for a renewable energy future. Moms know that kids can’t sit still, so we are ditching a traditional sit-in–and having our fourth annual Play-In.
JOIN US for kids activities, great music, and exciting speakers, as we deliver a public message from families across the country: it’s time to get serious about climate change!
- Upper Senate Park
- 200 New Jersey Ave
- Washington, DC 20001
*Rain location: Lutheran Church of the Reformation, 212 East Capitol St NE, Washington, DC 20003
- 9:00 AM: Registration & Family Activities begin
- Children’s activities for all ages, including: parachute play, hula-hooping, yoga, photo booth, puppet play with Spiral Q, declaration signing and more!
- 9:30 AM: Welcome to the Land Ceremony ft. Sebi Medina-Tayac, Casey Camp-Horinek, Shaina Oliver
- 10:00 AM: Musical performance by Laura Tsaggaris
- 10:30-11:00 AM: Press conference
Arizona youth advocate
Our Children’s Trust plaintiff
Executive Director, NETWORK
Emmy Award-winning journalist
Native rights activist, environmentalist and actress
President and board member of Communitopia
We are grateful to our partners. These groups are both national and local in scope, and represent parents, elders, youth, faith, healthcare providers, musicians, environmentalists, and more. We salute these wonderful organizations that represent a diversity of stakeholders and perspectives.
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT ONLINE!
- Make your voice heard! Even if you can’t make it to D.C. for the Play-In for Climate Action, your voice can be represented–sign the Declaration of Freedom From Pollution and we’ll deliver your signature to your Senators on Thursday, July 13.
JOIN OUR THUNDERCLAP:
Highlights from previous years: