Moms Clean Air Force is focused on fighting for clean air.
Here are some of our most important targets–and they’re always moving!
Demand Action against Global Warming
- Petition U.S. Governors: Take the lead on climate action
- Petition Congress: After President Trump’s exit from the Paris Climate Agreement, please lead on climate action
- Petition Congress: Nobody voted to make America dirty again
- Petition the Senate: In light of President Trump’s executive order attacking clean air safeguards, Senators must bear the responsibility of climate and clean air leadership.
- Petition EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt: Don’t dismantle climate and public health protections
- Petition Congress: Protect EPA from debilitating budget cuts
- Tell EPA: Americans support clean cars
- Petition the Senate: Scott Pruitt is a dangerous EPA nominee
- Status: On February 17, 2017 the Senate passed the nomination of Scott Pruitt with a vote of 52-46
- Petition the Senate: Stand up to Trump’s Climate Denial
- Petition Debate Moderators: Ask the presidential candidate about climate change
- Petition EPA: Moms support the Clean Energy Incentive Program
- Petition NBC’s Lester Holt: Ask the presidential candidates about climate change at the September 26, 2016 debate
- Petition Congress: oppose attacks on our children’s health and future
- Petition Attorneys General: support America’s Clean Power Plan
- Petition U.S. Governors: protect our children’s health and future by crafting a State Implementation Plan for America’s Clean Power Plan
- Petition U.S. Governors: save the monarch butterfly from extinction
- Petition World Leaders: protect our kids’ climate
- Petition U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch: Launch a federal investigation of Exxonmobil
- Petition U.S. Governors: Support energy freedom
- Petition EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy: Stand firm against polluters, keep America’s Clean Power Plan strong
- Status: America’s Clean Power Plan was finalized August 3, 2015
- Petition the Senate: Cut Carbon Pollution
- Petition the Senate: Support EPA’s Clean Power Plan
- Tell eBay: Pull out of climate denier ALEC
- Status: eBay announced their separation from ALEC via Twitter on December 18, 2014
- Petition the Senate: End tax breaks for oil, gas and coal
- Petition US Representatives: Unite for a Strong Plan to Fight Global Warming
- Petition US Governors: Support clean air for kids
- Petition the President: Break the Climate Paralysis–Give Us a Plan to Fight Climate Change
Status: President Obama delivered his Climate Action Plan on June 25th, 2013
- Defend Strong Standards on Carbon Pollution from All Power Plants
Status: President Obama has directed the EPA to complete new pollution standards for both new and existing power plants during his Climate Action Plan delivered on June 25th, 2013; on September 20th, 2013 the EPA proposed new rules that would place limits on carbon pollution from new power plants
- Petition Secretary of State Kerry to Stop the Keystone Pipeline
Status: Delivered comments to the State Department on March 7, 2014
- Petition the President: Stop the Keystone Pipeline
Defend the Clean Air Act
- Petition the President: Protect little lungs from smog
Status: On October 1, 2015 EPA announced an updated smog standard set at 70ppb
- Petition the EPA: Protect little lungs form smog
- Petition the Senate: Protect little lungs from smog
- Soot Pollution Standards (Particulate Matter)
- Cross State Air Pollution Rule (the “Good Neighbor Rule”)
Status: On April 29, 2014 the U.S. Supreme Court affirmed the U.S. EPA’s Cross State Air Pollution Rule
- EPA Tier 3 Standards for Cleaner Gasoline, Fewer Toxic Emissions from Cars
Status: Comment period closed July 1, 2013
- Support the Nomination of Clean Air Act Defender Gina McCarthy to head the EPA
Status: On July 18, 2013 the Senate approved the nomination of Gina McCarthy in a 59-40 vote
Demand Strong Air Quality Protections During Natural Gas Development
- Support efforts to protect our public lands: support limits placed on dangerous climate pollution the oil & gas industry is venting and flaring on public lands.
- Tell the Bureau of Land Management: You support their proposed rule to limit methane pollution
- Status: the comment period closed on April 22, 2016
- Tell EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy: Cut methane emissions from existing fracking operations
- Status: On March 10, 2016 EPA announced that they will begin developing regulations for methane emissions from existing oil and gas sources.
- Tell President Obama: Cut methane emissions from existing fracking operations
- Tell the EPA: we support strong limits on fracking pollution
- Status: On December 3, 2015 Moms Clean Air Force delivered over 73,000 comments to EPA headquarters in support of strong methane standards for new sources.
- Tell the EPA: we need protection from fracking pollution
Status: On May 12, 2016, EPA issued three final rules that together will curb emissions of methane, smog-forming volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and toxic air pollutants such as benzene from new, reconstructed and modified oil and gas sources, while providing greater certainty about Clean Air Act permitting requirements for the industry. Thank Administrator McCarthy for fighting to protect us from methane pollution.
- Petition the President: Protect us from Natural Gas Pollution
Status: On January 14, 2015 the White House announced actions to reduce methane emissions
- Petition the FDA: Withdraw approval of 30 different phthalates as food additives
- Petition your Senator: Vote yes on chemical policy reform
- Status: On June 7, 2016 the Senate approved a bill to overhaul America’s chemical regulations.
- Petition your Representative: Vote yes on TSCA reform
- Petition EPA: Protect our families from chemical disasters
- Petition Congress: Finalize real chemical safety reform
- Status: On May 19, 2016 Congress announced an upcoming vote on a bill to protect us from harmful chemicals.
- Petition the Senate: Get the job done on historical toxic chemical reform
- Petition Babies “R” Us: stop selling toxic chemicals
- Petition Dollar Stores: stop selling toxic products