Moms Clean Air Force is focused on fighting for clean air. Here are some of our most important targets–and they’re always moving!
Demand Action against Global Warming
• Petition US Representatives: Unite for a Strong Plan to Fight Global Warming
• Petition the House: Support the EPA and Fight Dirty Coal
• Petition the President: Break the Climate Paralysis–Give Us a Plan to Fight Climate Change
Status: President Obama delivered his Climate Action Plan on June 25th, 2013
• Defend Strong Standards on Carbon Pollution from All Power Plants
Status: President Obama has directed the EPA to complete new pollution standards for both new and existing power plants during his Climate Action Plan delivered on June 25th, 2013; on September 20th, 2013 the EPA proposed new rules that would place limits on carbon pollution from new power plants.
Defend the Clean Air Act
• Soot Pollution Standards (Particulate Matter)
• Cross State Air Pollution Rule (the “Good Neighbor Rule”)
Status: Rejected by Court; Supreme Court will hear the case
• EPA Tier 3 Standards for Cleaner Gasoline, Fewer Toxic Emissions from Cars
Status: Comment period closed July 1st
• Support the Nomination of Clean Air Act Defender Gina McCarthy to head the EPA
Status: On July 18th, 2013 the Senate approved the nomination of Gina McCarthy in a 59-40 vote
Demand Strong Air Quality Protections During Natural Gas Development
Demand Reform of the Outdated Toxic Substances Control Act
• Petition US Senators: protect our families from toxic chemicals.