10 Tweetable Facts From The IPCC Climate Report
Please SHARE these 10 TWEETS with your Twitter followers right now!
1. The last 3 decades have been warmer at the Earth’s surface than any preceding decade since 1850
2. In the Northern Hemisphere, 1983–2012 was likely the warmest 30-year period of the last 1400 years
3. From 1901–2010, global mean sea level rose by 0.19m
4. The atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide (CO2), methane, and nitrous oxide have increased to levels unprecedented in at least the last 800,000 years
5. CO2 concentrations have increased by 40% since pre-industrial times
6. It is extremely likely that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century
7. Global surface temperature change for the end of the 21st century is likely to exceed 1.5°C
8. The rate of sea level rise will very likely exceed that observed during 1971–2010
9. Due to climate change, further uptake of carbon by the ocean will increase ocean acidification
10. Most aspects of climate change will persist for many centuries even if emissions of CO2 are stopped
For more clean air tweets follow Moms Clean Air Force on Twitter.