Earth Day 2012 is behind us, but caring for the planet should be an ongoing way of life. So let’s use the excitement and momentum that we’ve built during all of the activities this month to motivate our actions all year long. And there’s no better way to end the month of April than by taking actions to raise awareness of air quality.
The EPA, along with the the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s National Weather Service, urges everyone to be “Be Air Aware” during Air Quality Awareness Week, April 30 to May 4, 2012. During the entire week, the EPA suggests activities that will increase your knowledge of what causes poor air quality, how to protect yourself against poor air quality, and things that you can do to improve your air quality.
As a mother of a child with asthma, I know that by monitoring the air quality index, I can protect my child on days when air pollutants are high enough to trigger his asthma symptoms. I also know that there are actions I can take, and things that I can do around my home to improve the air quality for my child. I know that I want my child to be able to breath freely each and every day. So I empower myself with knowledge on how to protect him.
Another great way to end the month of April is with this “Be Air Aware” Gift Pack! This gift pack is donated from Hanes. The company has implemented a comprehensive energy program that involves reducing their energy use, carbon emissions and water use. As a result of their efforts, Hanes has been given an Energy Star Partner of the Year Award in 2010 and 2011 and an Energy Star Sustained Excellence Award in 2012.
As part of a commitment to sustainability, Hanes created a line of EcoSmart™ products, including Hanes hoodies, socks, sweats and T-shirts. Hanes EcoSmart®. These products claim they will save over 50 million bottles from landfills.
Giveaway: 3 lucky MCAF readers will receive the following Hanes products for up to 3 kids per winner.
- 1 Hanes EcoSmart® Graphic Zip Hoodie Sweatshirt
- 3 Hanes Kids’ ComfortBlend EcoSmart® Crewneck tees per kid (you choose color(s))
- 1 pack of socks (any style)
- 1 pack of panties or briefs (any style)
For additional entries you can:
- Tweet the following message about the Giveaway: New tweet: For Air Quality Awareness week @MomsCAF is giving away a @Hanes “Be Air Aware” gift pack! http://ow.ly/aBwWi Please RT #GiveawayMCAF
Terms and Conditions of this Giveaway:
- Leaving a comment and following @MomsCAF are the only mandatory actions required for entry.
- This contest ends on Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM EST.
- One winner will be randomly selected via random.org and we’ll post the winner on this article.
- Winners will also be notified via email and have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be selected so check back to see if you’ve won.
- Must be a US resident to win.
Thank you for being AIR AWARE!